Friday, 20 September 2013

When I grow up I'd like to be a....Ballerina

Today was my second Ballet lesson.

Mum and I had a super time - I am really getting in the swing of things.

Mummy thinks I am the BEST in the class by FAR! Not the best technically, although I am getting to be quite good, but the best funniest. I bend and stretch, and march with my legs, and swivel around. I occasionally run around the room when I'm not supposed to but it's OK as there is one girl in the class that is waaaaaay naughtier than me so Mummy quite likes this - for example, check out the girl in this picture, this is NOT what she's supposed to be doing!!. Mum says it is nice to not be the one being tutted at!!



I am also the loudest. Miss Emma the ballet teacher likes us to shout only when our name is called but I like to sing all the way through. I also like to sit on my mat really nicely and when my name is called I go and collect my instrument and today Mummy didn't even need to tell me to go, I recognised it was my turn all on my own.

Our homework this week is putting our toes in 'first position'. Granma can do this really easily but I find it quite hard to keep my heels together without falling over!

Here is a video of me in the class - it's a bit rubbish but I promise to get a better one next week!



This afternoon I chased Mummy around the living room on my tractor after having lunch with Joanne and Ellis at Pizza Express - ooooh get me!

Elsie xx

3 comments:

  1. Im so pleased you are getting on well in your ballet class and that you are sitting on your mat for more than three seconds. That's a great improvement - Mummy must be very proud of you. Next time we see each other we can practise that first position and see if we don't fall over!
    Big hug
    Granma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so pleased you are getting on well in your ballet class and that you are sitting on your mat for more than three seconds. That's a great improvement - Mummy must be very proud of you. Next time we see each other we can practise that first position and see if we don't fall over!
    Big hug
    Granma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Elsie, check you out being all Prima Ballerina, maybe we could go to a ballet show together sometime? Not sure how you'd find sitting for a long time and watching the stage but maybe you could pick up a move or two to show in your ballet class! Love you lots xxx your Oddmother xxx

    ReplyDelete